This post has been a long time coming but with everything going on, it completely slipped my mind. But I will be in Melbourne this coming weekend for the event and thought I should give you all a little insight on it.
If you’ve read the little section at the bottom of this website where I ramble on about myself, you’ll know that I am an intern (amongst other responsibilities). And last year, the internship called for me to head down to Melbourne for Acclaim Magazine‘s first Carbon festival.
The overall result and experience of helping run such a massive event was unforgettable – both behind the scenes and during its entirety. You can read my reviews from last year’s event over at Thirteen Itches here and here.
But here’s a little bit of info of what will be going down this weekend:
“Australia’s premier contemporary, creative-culture event, CARBON is back! Now in its second year, CARBON celebrates and explores style, design and street culture via a series of forums and side-shows.
The main forum event, which takes place at the BMW Edge Theatre at Federation Square, has seen us scour the globe for some of the most unique and authentic voices and minds in contemporary creative-culture. The forums are the defining element of CARBON.
More than just the transfer of knowledge, this series of talks also offers a platform for discussion and audience participation. Add to this a range of exciting side-events and exhibitions and you have a festival of creativity andthought that is not to be missed.”
As for the lineup, once again Acclaim have gone above all expectations and grabbed some of the globe’s most interesting creatives:
- Legendary NY photographer Ricky Powell
- Managing Editor of Hypebeast.com Eugene Kan from Hong Kong
- South African street artist Faith 47
- San Francisco based designer and streetwear label owner Benny Gold
- Sydney blogger and photographer Yimmy Yayo
- Artist and calligrapher Chaz Bojorquez
- DJ Neil Armstrong
- Chinese street artist Dal East
- Fools Gold co-founder Dust La Rock
- Fashion designer Huw Bennett
- Artist and illustrator Jasper Wong
- Editor-in-chief of New Order Magazine Joy Yoon
- Artist and designer Mega
- Creator of SNEEZE Magazine, Nic Fensom
- Ed-in-chief of Mass Appeal Magazine, Treats
- Photographer 13th Witness
If you’re a budding creative, you don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to mix with an abundance of other like-minded creative folk. So get your creative side working and get down to Federation Square. From what I know, tickets are still available!!
See you on the other side! 🙂